Monday, September 14, 2009
Wednesday Stamper's Challenge this week is 'open theme' this is sure a challenge, a lead is more easy, for me that is.
So I took Bernie's book, looked up the chapter with the Metal tape, there it was, but I did not have black paint, I had it, but gave it away. And as always when I give something away, I am going to need it.
Anyway, I used black alcohol ink and a marker, not the same result, but I like it.
Stamped 2 flowers with Gesso, added a blinkie, stapled, cut some pieces, there is my open themed piece of art, hehe. Easy does it.
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
Already the 5th Challenge at Ready Steady STAMP! and I had all of the ingredients, so no reason to not play along.
I stamped the butterflies (Crafty Individuals) and the flower or weed (Elusive Images) with Versafine Onyx Black.
I put some PVA glue to my craftsheet, added gold (Perfect Pearls)and pink and green (Blonde Moments).
Then I colored the flower and butterflies with these mixed colors. After this was finished I cut out the butterflies, I sponged the card with distress ink, added some ribbon to the card (there is a smudge of ink under the ribbon :o) ) and glued the whole piece together.
This weeks challenge at TMTA is Architecture, I have a beautiful Darkroom Door set Venice (vol.1). I used it for this weeks challenge.
The background is colored/sponged with Distress Inks, I stamped with Versafine.
Wednesday, September 2, 2009
New challenge at Wednesday Stamper, turquoise and red, a real challenge for me, I do not have any! turquoise, so I made some myself with Ecoline, blue and green together is kind of turquoise to me.
After 'making' the turquoise paper, I stamped the Ticket Background (Tim Holtz) with some Versamark, heat embossed it with Clear Embossing Powder (Ranger), smeared some Red Pepper dabberpaint (Ranger) over it, on the other side a Starry Stamp (Stampinback), I finished it with a Bird(house)(Crafty Individuals) which I made before.
Put some eyelets through the card and glued it to the background.
Tuesday, September 1, 2009
Marilyn is this weeks' challenge at TMTA. I made a drama queen Marilyn.
The stamp has happy birthday in the background, I stamped it, covered it with Gesso, trying hard not to cover Marilyn.
Then with versamark a background stamp and heat embossed it with silver embossing powder, in the corner I stamped 'drama queen'.
Wednesday Stamper wants to see dogs this week, I made an ATC with a dog stamp
I took some Marianne design paper, cut out an extra button glued it to the paper with a glue dot.
I stamped the image and cut it out, there was a kind of chimney behind the boy and the dog.
I stamped the sentiment from Autumn Leaves to a scrap of paper.
Covered all of the pieces with beeswax, after this I glued it to a black ATC sized card.